Monday, March 7, 2011

After Much Delay:

Well, guys Zombie Prom was almost a month ago and I'm just now getting around to posting. I know, I totally suck, but I've been super busy and honestly.... I completely forgot.


BUT! I had a great time- and yes, I even danced!

This is the first year that there has been a "theme" to zombie prom: Willy Wonka and the Flesh Factory. Nic and I were Violet Beauregarde and Mike Teevee.





Basically, you could dress as a zombie prom attendee, dress as a Willy Wonka character, dress as a Willy Wonka themed zombie, or dress as an Alice in Wonderland character.

What? Alice in Wonderland?

As far as I could tell- Nic and I were the only couple that were both Wonka Characters. So kudos to us!

I wanted to be a little more creative than just stuffing a blue or purple outfit so I looked like a blueberry-  because I knew some other people were going to pick the same thing and quite frankly there's only room for so many giant blueberries on the dance floor....

So. I spent my Friday night making fake blueberries and fake gum (does NOBODY remember she was a gum chewer?). I attached the blueberries to my body with spirit gum, and at first attempted to mold scar putty around them to make it look more like they were coming out of my skin. This was unsuccessful, so I just made the blood around them look cool and made myself quite obviously more purple/blue than my fellow zombies. I got a brunette wig, with bangs, and made hair clips out of my fake gum and spread them all around my head. This is the result:




I was incredibly pleased with myself. I worked much harder than I should have (or more so much LONGER than I should have- making blueberries is tedious) but I was super excited with the final result. I spent hours getting ready- having to glue each blueberry on individually and having a lot more make up to do than most with having to make my whole body purple. 

Unfortunately, I wasn't obvious enough to get immediate recognition (I'm logging that away for next year so I can top it) but once people figured out they were meant to be blueberries they were a hit!

As for Nic, we had to put his outfit together literally last minute- I left the house, went and got what I could, and immediately returned home to start gluing on blueberries. Which took a lot longer than I expected.



Isn't he cute?

Despite looking like a leper and zombie farmer, we had a great time with my bestie, her boyfriend, and so many of our other friends. We all got ready at our place, and now? My bathroom still looks like a clown was murdered in there. But I think the fake blood gives the door jamb some character?

We danced (a lot, you guys would have been so proud!) and despite feeling like an idiot, I still had a ton of fun! We even did the "Time Warp"from Rocky Horror which is probably my favorite dance of all time. Don't judge.

Thankfully, we left just before they did Thriller. Lest I have been tempted to try it after my at home learning mishap.


Here are some pics of the event. Enjoy!


Grr baby, grrr, you're a zombie, you're a SEXY zombie

Zombie on Zombie violence

Zombie hoe-down!

A gaggle of zombies


My favorite local shop owner- her hair even had lights in it! Can't believe she didn't win best dressed!
Prizes? We don't need no stinkin' prizes!

Prom King and Queen- Apparently Johnny Depp Mad Hatter is a good sub for Gene Wilder Wonka?
King  got his makeup done by the on-site airbrush artist.


Megs and I with our favorite DJ (he's also a city council member) - we'll see him next weekend to for a less gory event

Crowd shot
Derby girl "Haut Blooded" as a sexy Gene Wilder Wonka


Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee- Best dressed ladies, another win for Alice Zombies?
(make up also done by onsite airbrush artist- AWESOME)


 

A lively group of zombies





P.S. Did I mention that I danced with midget? Who may have touched my butt? And he knew how to break dance. Just thought I'd share.







1 comment:

  1. Awww. Seems like you had fun. Darn those Wonderlandians!

    ReplyDelete