Monday, February 14, 2011

To the one I love

Well. It's officially Valentines Day in my neck of the woods.

For weeks, I've been trying to write the perfect love letter to Nic. And every draft I've thrown out.

At first, I felt like a total failure. We've been together over four years, why am I drawing a blank now when in the past the thoughts flowed so freely? But, slowly I've come to realize that although words make up the foundation of love- promises, poetry, notes, texts, conversations- that love doesn't need to fit into any rhythm or rhyme. That it's ok that I can't eloquently compare our love to anything else. Because what is important is how I feel. And there are no words for that- except:

I love you, thank you for choosing me.


Happy Valentine's Day everyone. I hope you are all blessed in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment