Saturday, June 4, 2011

A Lovely Love Story

I know that I've been dead to the world the past few months, but today-while I'm home sick feeling like I'm actually dying- I wanted to take a moment to recognize two of the very most important people in my life.

My sister and her wife.


For as long as I can remember my sister has been my hero. She means more to me than I could ever put into words. Anyone who's had as crazy of a life as us can understand how important it is to have someone in your life that just.... gets it. My sister is that person. We may not have your typical sister heart to hearts- but we're not your typical sisters. She's there to understand when I need understanding. She's there to be my lighthouse when I'm feeling lost. And probably most importantly she's there to kick my ass when I need to come down a notch.

And I wouldn't have it any other way.

Almost a decade ago, my sister brought someone just as special into both of our lives. Her partner, and now wife, A. From day one A treated me like I was her own sister and I love her all the more for it. She's kind and compassionate, funny and quirky, loving and stubborn- every thing my sister needs. I love her more and more each day and could not be happier for them.

Five years ago today they celebrated their love with a beautiful, intimate wedding that I am so happy I got to be a part of.


While I could go on for days about just how perfect it was- I'll keep it short and sweet and say that it is one of my most treasured memories and I can only hope that one day when I too get married that my day feels as special and beautiful as theirs did.

K & A I love you both so very much and I couldn't be happier for you two. Happy Anniversary.




I honor of K & A's anniversary I humbly request anyone who stumbles across this post to consider a donation to the White Knot for Equality Campaign because everyone should have the right to tie the knot.

No comments:

Post a Comment