Saturday, March 12, 2011

Dolphin: The anti-shark

First off- Dolphins make me cranky. Second off- painting makes me cranky.

So it requires some genuine affection for me to willfully paint someone a picture of a dolphin.

Despite my makeshift signature in corner,  I will add to it some more once I have a clearer vision of what I want to do with it. It's rather plain and boring right now. I added the bubbles upon Nic's request. He thinks there should be more. I'm not so sure.

Initially it was an amorphous blue blob. Then it became a gray blob somewhat resembling a dolphin. Then I got a case of the fuck-its, and made that bitch PURPLE.

Because I love purple.

Anyway, here's where I'm at with it. I haven't painted in over a year- not my forté- but I think it turned out ok, despite it being a wee bit out of proportion.

I think it needs something bright and warm to contrast it. Like a clown fish or something. We'll see what happens.


2 comments:

  1. I love your lovely dolphin.
    You know who LOVES dolphins?
    Ryan.
    I don't know where we went wrong...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What the hell is wrong with him?! He's so lucky he's in another state. Or I'd drive over right now and punch him in the face.

    ReplyDelete